To install latest version of Oracle ODBC:
Go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/ to download:
- Instant Client Package – Basic
- Instant Client Package – ODBC
Unzip both of them into the same folder (e.g. c:\oracle).
- Add that folder name into the PATH environment variable (right click my computer, manage, system properties, advanced tab, environment variables)
- Create a new environment variable called TNS_ADMIN and set it to that folder name.
- Create a file tnsnames.ora in that folder with your target database details.
- Run odb_install.exe
You can then add and test oracle odbc connections in Control Panel Administrative Tools.